Release to Production Environment Sub-Processes
Release to Production environment can be done by collaboration between release managers (and scheduling group when needed). The following lists sub-processes and details that will be applied differently in different roles:
Create a Tag
- Login stash.uconn.edu using NetID and password.
- Open the page of famis / famis repository in the famis project. The Source window shows up.
- Find the most recent tag for Test release associated with the specific Jira ticket number from the email notification to get the Production tag number (see the Administrative Notes)
- Note down the commit ID associated with the Jira ticket number.
- In SourceTree, check out master branch, right click the commit (in Mac OS X, do Ctrl-Click) in test branch, and select Cherry Pick. Hit OK button in the Confirm Cherry Pick dialog that follows.
- Hit Push button on the toolbar to push the changes to remote master branch
- Go to stash.uconn.edu, click the Commits link on the left. Make sure you are on master (if not change to it). Find the commit ID that has just picked there and click its link.
- Click Tag this commit. In the Create tag dialog, provide the tag name, and the description as shown below. Click create tag button.
Create a Change Order (in FootPrints ticketing system)
- Go to FootPrints at serviceit.uconn.edu. Log in using NetId and password.
- Click the dropdown at the top left corner and switch to the Change Management workspace
- Hover the mouse on New RFC menu, select PHP Application Code
- Fill in the ticket with as shown in the example below in (note that the NetId, First/Last Names, Email Address are censored out). Assign the ticket to Functional Approver (Lara), and change the status to Submitted. Click Save button to save the ticket (which is then sent to get the approval)A typical description would be:
Group Name: FAMIS Application Name: FAMIS Dashboard Release Management (Release Managers or Scheduling Dept): Server Name: http://phpprd2.uits.uconn.edu:8090 Tag Name: famis__v27.01
- Go to phpprd2.uits.uconn.edu:8090. Login using NetId and password
- Click the Release-Manager role link, enter the tag name, and click Review Change button.
- Click the Apply Change button to release code to the Test environment
- Check if the message shows
Jira Ticket Update
- Go to Jira, and type the url to the ticket, in the form
For example, if the ticket is FAMREP-151, the link is
- Click the Edit button on the top left corner to edit the ticket, change the Assignee dropdown value to the developer, and provide a comment in the Comment text area (e.g. “In Prod now”). Click the Update button to save the change. The developer receives the notification that the changes are released to Production.