Release to Test Environment Sub-Processes
Release to Test environment can be proceeded by release managers (primary/back-up RMs) on receiving the Jira email notification, or by developers when release managers are not available. In the latter case, a Jira ticket number must be ready for the associated changes. The following lists sub-processes and details:
Create a Tag
- Login stash.uconn.edu using NetID and password.
- Open the page of famis repository in the famis project
- Click the Tags link on the left of the page
- Note down the next tag number (see the Administrative Notes)
- Click the Commits link on the left. Find the most recent commit with the Jira ticket number in the received email notification. Click its link.
- Note that if there are multiple commits (for multiple Jira tickets), you can include them in 1 tag, and provide information of them in the description when creating a tag (e.g. FAMREP-147, 157, 199)
- Click the Tag this commit link on the right
- Provide the tag name, and the description as shown below. Click create tag button.
- Go to phptst2.uits.uconn.edu:8090. Login using NetId and password.
- Click the Release-Manager role link, enter the tag name, and click Review Change button.
- Click the Apply Change button to release code to the Test environment
- Check if the message shows
Jira Ticket Update
- Go to Jira, and type the url to the ticket, in the form
For example, if the ticket is FAMREP-151, the link is
- Click the Edit button on the top left corner to edit the ticket, change the Assignee dropdown value to the developer, and provide a comment in the Comment text area (e.g. “In Test now”)