Next, clone from the remote repository to create a local repository by following the steps:
- Go to stash.uconn.edu, log in using the NetID and password.
- Click “Repositories”, then famis/famis.
- Hover the mouse on the three dots. Click “Clone” on the Repository page. Copy the link in the HTTP text box in the pop-out window
- Open SourceTree. Click the Clone/New button in SourceTree. Paste the Git path above in Source Path/URL text box. Adjust the Destination path as needed on the Clone /Add/ Create New Repository window. Leave other parameters default. Then click Clone button.
- As master is the default branch in Bitbucket server, the local master branch is created by default. In SourceTree, right click the remote origin test branch, select Checkout origin/test to create a local test branch.
- Select the Checkout New Branch tab, then Checkout remote branch and New local branch name as shown below. Keep the check in “Local branch should track remote branch” as default. Click OK button.
- Check and verify that you see 2 local branches (master and test)